Two chapters in Ribhu Gita for nitya pārāyanam

Sanskrit (IAST + Diacritics) text used and slightly edited for easy reading from https://sanskritdocuments.org/sites/ribhugita/

The english translation source is the “First English Translation” from the Original Indian Epic Sivarahasaya Translated by Dr. H. Ramamoorthy Assisted by Master Nome



bhugītā 26 ॥ jñānāmta-manomaya-prakaraa varanam ॥

vakye saccit parānanda svabhāva sarvadā sukham ।

sarvaveda purāṇānāṃ sārāt sāratara svayam ॥ 1॥

I shall now speak about Existence-Consciousness Supreme Bliss, naturally ever full of happiness. It is itself the essence of the essence of all Veda-s and Purana-s.

na bheda ca dvaya dvandva na bheda bheda varjitam ।

idameva para brahma jñānāśrayam anāmayam ॥ 2॥

There is no difference, duality, or pairs of opposites. There is nothing different or devoid of differences. All this, indeed, is the Supreme Brahman, unaffected by desire or anger. It is to be reached by Knowledge

na kvacinnāta evāha nākara na parātparam ।

idameva para brahma jñānāśrayam anāmayam ॥ 3॥

There is never anything as "1." There is nothing else. There is nothing decayless and no "highest of the high." All this, indeed, is the unaffected (i.e. unafflicted) Supreme Brahman. It is to be reached by Knowledge.

na bahirnāntara nāha na sakalpo na vigraha

idameva para brahma jñānāśrayam anāmayam ॥ 4॥

There is no exterior, no interior, no sankalpa, and no form. All this, indeed, is the unaffected (i.e. unafflicted) Supreme Brahman. It is to be reached by Knowledge.

na satya ca parityajya na vārtā nārthadūṣaam ।

idameva para brahma jñānāśrayam anāmayam ॥ 5॥

There is no existence, no renunciation, no word, no defective meaning of words. All this is, indeed, the unaffected Supreme Brahman. It is to be reached by Knowledge.

na guo guivākya vā na manovttiniścaya

na japa na paricchinna na vyāpakam asat phalam ॥ 6॥

There are no qualities, no indirect statements, no certitude of the modes of the mind, no japa, no limitation, nothing pervasive, and no unreal results.

na gururna ca śiyo vā na sthira na śubhāśubham ।

naikarūpa nānyarūpa na moko na ca bandhakam ॥ 7॥

7. There is no Guru, no disciple, nothing fixed, nothing good or bad, nothing manifold in form, no separate form, no liberation, and no bondage.

aha padārthastatpada vā nendriya viayādikam ।

na saṃśaya na tuccha vā na niścaya na vā ktam ॥ 8॥

8. There is no meaning of the word "I" or for the word for "that," no senses, no objects, no doubt, nothing trivial, no certainty, no action to be completed,

na śāntirūpamadvaita na cordhva na ca nīcakam ।

na lakaa na dukhāṅga na sukha na ca cañcalam ॥ 9॥

9. no nature of peace, no nonduality, nothing upward, nothing downward, no characteristic, no part that is sorrow, no happiness, no indecisiveness,

na śarīra na liga vā na kāraamakāraam ।

na dukha nāntika nāha na gūḍha na para padam ॥ 10॥

10. no body, no linga, no cause or absence of cause, no sorrow, nothing ultimate, no "I," no secret, no highest state,

na sañcita ca nāgāmi na satya ca tvamāhakam ।

nāāna na ca vijñāna na mūḍho na ca vijñavān ॥ 11॥

11. no sanchita (karma); no agami (karma), no truth, no you and I, no ignorance, no empirical knowledge, no dullard, no one who knows,

na nīca naraka nānta na muktirna ca pāvanam ।

na tṛṣṇā na ca vidyātva nāha tattva na devatā ॥ 12॥

12. no lowly hell, no end, no liberation, no holiness, no desire, no learning, neither you nor I, no philosophy or a god,

na śubhāśubhasaketo na mtyurna ca jīvanam ।

na tptirna ca bhojya vā na khaṇḍaikaraso'dvayam ॥ 13॥

13. no indication of good or bad, no death, no life, no satisfaction, nothing enjoyable, no undivided single essence, no non duality,

na sakalpa na prapañca na jāgaraarājakam ।

na kiñcitsamatādoo na turyagaanā bhrama ॥ 14॥

14. no sankalpa, no manifest world, no sovereigns of the wakeful state, nothing whatever of the defect of "equality," no misapprehension of what is counted as the fourth,

na sarva samala neṣṭa na nītirna ca pūjanam ।

na prapañca na bahunā nānyabhāṣaasagama ॥ 15॥

15. nothing as "all," nothing with impurities, nothing desired, no law, no worship, no manifest world, no plurality, no admixture of other talk,

na satsagamasatsaga na brahma na vicāraam ।

nābhyāsa na ca vaktā ca na snāna na ca tīrthakam ॥ 16॥

16 . nothing such as satsang or absence of satsang, no Brahma, no inquiry, no endeavor, no speaker, no ablution, no holy waters,

na puya na ca vā pāpa na kriyā doakāraam ।

na cādhyātma nādhibhūta na daivatamasambhavam ॥ 17॥

17. no puny a, no sin, nor any activity that is a cause of error, nothing originating from the inner nature or from the external nature or of divine origin,

na janmamarae kvāpi jāgratsvapnasuuptikam ।

na bhūloka na pātāla na jayāpajayājayau ॥ 18॥

18. no birth or death anywhere, no wakeful and dream and deep sleep states, no earth, no nether-world, no victory or defeat,

na hīna na ca vā bhītirna ratirna mtistvarā

acintya nāparādhyātmā nigamāgamavibhrama ॥ 19॥

19. no weakness, no fear, no desire or quick death, nothing unthinkable, no person at fault, no misapprehension of Vedas and religious lore (nigama and agama),

na sāttvika rājasa ca na tāmasaguṇādhikam ।

na śaiva na ca vedānta na svādya tanna mānasam ॥ 20॥

20. no sattvic (peaceful) state, no rajasic (energetic, active) state, no tamasic (dull) state, no such qualities, no Saiva, no Vedanta, no study of these, no thinking of these,

na bandho na ca moko vā na vākya aikyalakaam ।

na strīrūpa na pubhāva na aṇḍo na sthira padam ॥ 21॥

21. no bondage, no liberation, no aphorism of identity [of individual and supreme selves], no female form, no male form, no state of being neither male nor female, no permanent state,

na bhūṣaa na dūṣaa na stotra na stutirna hi ।

na laukika vaidika na śāstra na ca śāsanam ॥ 22॥

22. no encomium, no criticism, no eulogy, no hymn, no worldliness, no religiosity, no scripture, no commandment,

na pāna na kṛśa neda na moda na madāmadam ।

na bhāvanamabhāvo vā na kula nāmarūpakam ॥ 23॥

23. no drinking, no fasting-none of these-no joy, no exuberant merrymaking, no attitudes or absence of attitudes, no family line, no name, no form,

notkṛṣṭa ca nikṛṣṭa ca na śreyo'śreya eva hi ।

nirmalatva malotsargo na jīvo na manodama ॥ 24॥

24. nothing excellent, nothing vile, no blessing or curse, no purity nor elimination of impurity, no individual soul, no control of the mind,

na śāntikalanā nāga na śāntirna śamo dama

na krīḍā na ca bhāvāṅga na vikāra na doakam ॥ 25॥

25. no such term as invocation of peace, no peace, no control of. mind and restraint of senses, no play, no phases of existence, no modifications, no defects,

na yatkiñcinna yatrāha na māyākhyā na māyikā

yatkiñcinna ca dharmādi na dharmaparipīḍanam ॥ 26॥

26. nothing in the least, nothing of where I am, nothing of what is called maya, no results of maya, no dharma in the least, no observance of dharma,

na yauvana na bālya vā na jarāmaraṇādikam ।

na bandhurna ca vā'bandhurna mitra na ca sodara ॥ 27॥

27. no youth, no boyhood, no senility, no death and such, no relative, no nonrelative, no friend, no brother,

nāpi sarva na cākiñcinna viriñco na keśava

na śivo nāṣṭadikpālo na viśvo na ca taijasa ॥ 28॥

28. no "all," no "nothing," no Brahma or Vishnu or Siva, no guardians of the eight directions, no cosmic experiencer of the waking state or dream

na prājño hi na turyo vā na brahmakatravivara

idameva para brahma jñānāmtamanāmayam ॥ 29॥

29. no cosmic experiencer of the deep-sleep state, no fourth state, and no brahmin or kshatriya or highly learned. All this is the Supreme Brahman, the afflictionless nectar of Knowledge.

na punarbhāvi paścādvā na punarbhavasabhava

na kālakalanā nāha na sabhāṣaakāraam ॥ 30॥

30. There is nothing such as the one who appears again or the one who follows; there is no event that will occur again, no mark of time, no "I," no cause of a conversation,

na cordhvamantakaraa na ca cinmātrabhāṣaam ।

na brahmāhamiti dvaita na cinmātramiti dvayam ॥ 31॥

31. nothing upward, no inner faculty (mind, intellect, ego, thought), no talk of only Consciousness, no duality that I am Brahman, no duality that I am only Consciousness,

nānnakośa na ca prāṇamanomayamakośakam ।

na vijñānamaya kośa na cānandamaya pthak ॥ 32॥

32. no sheath of food, no sheath of prana or mind, no sheath of intellectual knowledge, no sheath of bliss,

na bodharūpa bodhya vā bodhaka nātra yadbhrama

na bādhya bādhaka mithyā tripuṭīānaniraya ॥ 33॥

33. nothing of the nature of knowledge, nothing knowable, no teaching-all of which is a misapprehension. -none to be troubled, none to trouble, no illusion, no definition of the triad of knowledge,

na pramātā pramāṇa vā na prameya phalodayam ।

idameva para brahma jñānāmtamanomayam ॥ 34॥

34. no perceiver, no perception, no object of perception, no appearance of results. All this, indeed, is the Supreme Brahman, the afflictionless nectar of Knowledge.

na guhya na prakāśa vā na mahatva na cāṇutā

na prapañco vidyamāna na prapañca kadācana ॥ 35॥

35. There is nothing mysterious, nothing explicit, nothing great, nothing trivial of atomic proportions, no manifest world as at present, no manifest world, ever,

nāntakaraasasāro na mano jagatāṃ bhrama

na cittarūpasasāro buddhipūrva prapañcakam ॥ 36॥

36. no world of the inner faculties, no mind, no misapprehension of the world, no world of thought, no manifest world of intellect,

na jīvarūpasasāro vāsanārūpasasti

na ligabhedasasāro nāānamayasasmti ॥ 37॥var was sasti

37. no world of the nature of jiva-s, no remembrance of the nature of vasana-s (past impressions), no world of differentiation by characteristics, no remembrance of the nature of ignorance,

na vedarūpasasāro na śāstrāgamasasti

nānyadastīti sasāramanyadastīti bhedakam ॥ 38॥

38. no world of the nature of the Veda-s, no remembrance of the sastra-s and agama-s, no world to show that there is something apart, no differentiation of something apart,

na bhedābhedakalana na doṣādoakalpanam ।

na śāntāśāntasasāra na guṇāguasasti ॥ 39॥

39. no cognition of difference or nondifference, no imagining of defects or absence of defects, no world of peace or peaceless-ness, no remembrance of qualities and absence of qualities,

na strīliga na puliga na napusakasasti

na sthāvara na jagama ca na dukha na sukha kvacit ॥ 40॥

na śiṣṭāśiṣṭarūpa vā na yogyāyogyaniścaya

na dvaitavttirūpa vā sākivttitvalakaam ॥ 41॥

40. no feminine gender, no masculine gender, nothing neuter, nothing stationary, nothing mobile, no sorrow or happiness, ever,

41. nothing of the nature of the virtuous or nonvirtuous, no certitude of the fit and the unfit, no activity of a dual nature, no witness mode,

akhaṇḍākāravtti tva akhaṇḍaikarasa sukham ।

deho ahamiti yā vttirbrahmāham iti śabdakam ॥ 42॥

akhaṇḍaniścayā vttirnākhaṇḍaika rasa mahat ।

na sarvavtti bhavana sarvavtti vināśakam ॥ 43॥

42. nothing of the mode of the undivided nature, nothing of the joy of the one undivided essence, nothing of the notion that I am the body, nothing of the declaration that I am Brahman,

43. no mode of the certitude of the undivided, no one great undivided essence, no coming into being of all modes, no destruction of all modes,

sarvavttyanusandhāna sarvavttivimocanam ।

sarvavttivināśānta sarvavttiviśūnyakam ॥ 44॥

na sarvavttisāhasra kaakaavināśanam ।

na sarvavttisākitva na ca brahmātmabhāvanam ॥ 45॥

44. no inquiry into all modes, no release from all modes, no culmination of the destruction of all modes, no voiding of all modes,

45. nothing of all the modes in their thousands that get destroyed moment by moment, no witness of all modes, no bhava (feeling) of oneself being Brahman,

na jaganna mano nānto na kāryakalana kvacit ।

na dūṣaa bhūṣaa vā na nirakuśalakaam ॥ 46॥

46. no universe, no mind, no ultimate, no performance of action, ever, no criticism or praise, no characteristic of the unfettered,

na ca dharmātmano liga guaśālitvalakaam ।

na samādhikaliga vā na prārabdha prabandhakam ॥ 47॥

47. no mark of a virtuous person, no marks of a person of good qualities, no signs of absorption in meditation, no piling up of sins,

brahmavitta ātmasatyo na para svapnalakaam ।

na ca varyaparo rodho variṣṭho nārthatatpara ॥ 48॥

48. no thoughts of Brahman or of the Self, no indications of the dream of the Supreme, none deemed as the most desirable, none to be excluded, none the best or excellent, and no meaning of the words "that Supreme."

ātmajñānavihīno yo mahāpātakireva sa

etāvad jñānahīno yo mahārogī sa eva hi ॥ 49॥

49. Whoever is devoid of the Knowledge of the Self is, indeed, a great sinner. Whoever is thus devoid of Knowledge is a very sick person, indeed.

aha brahma na sandeha akhaṇḍaikarasātmaka

brahmaiva sarvameveti niścayānubhavātmaka ॥ 50॥

50. I am Brahman. There is no doubt of this. I am of the nature of the one undivided essence. I have the certitude of personal experience that Brahman is all, indeed.

sadyo mukto na sandeha sadya prajñānavigraha

sa eva jñānavān loke sa eva parameśvara ॥ 51॥

51. Such a man is instantly liberated. There is no doubt of this. Instantly, he becomes the embodiment of the highest Knowledge. He, indeed, is the wise man in this world. He is Paramesvara.

idameva para brahma jñānāmtamanomayam ।

etatprakaraa yastu śṛṇute brahma eva sa ॥ 52॥

52. All this, indeed, is the Supreme Brahman, the nectar of Knowledge, filling the mind. Whoever hears this explanation is Brahman, indeed.

ekatva na bahutvamapyaumahat kārya na vai kāraa

viśva viśvapatitvamapyarasaka no gandharūpa sadā

baddha muktamanuttamottamamahānandaikamoda sadā

bhūmānandasadāśiva janijarārogādyasaga maha ॥ 53॥

Neither the state of being one nor the state of being many, neither an atom nor the immense, neither the cause nor the effect, neither the universe nor the lordship of the universe, ever tasteless, smell-less, formless, neither bound nor liberated-may we become that shining Light, unconnected with birth, senility, or sickness and such, ever in the joy of the highest happiness, that blissful Sadasiva.

bhugītā 27 ॥ ānanda-rūpatva nirūpaa prakaraam ॥

bhu -

vakye prakaraa satya brahmānanda manomayam

kāryakāraa nirmukta nityānandamaya tvidam 1

I shall speak about the true explanation of the mind full of Brahman-Bliss. "All this" is, indeed, full of eternal Bliss devoid of cause and effect.

akayānanda evāham ātmānanda prakāśakam ।

ānānanda svarūpo'ha lakyānandamaya sadā 2

2. I am, indeed, the undecaying Bliss. I am the illuminator of the Bliss of the Self. I am of the nature of the Bliss of Knowledge. I am ever the Bliss at which to aim.

viayānanda śūnyo'ha mithyānanda prakāśaka

vttiśūnya sukhātmāha vttiśūnya sukhātparam 3

3. I am devoid of the joy of relating to things. I reveal the illusory joy. I am the happy Self thatds devoid of activity. I transcend the bliss of being devoid of activity.

jaḍānanda prakāśātmā ātmānanda raso'smyaham ।

ātmānanda vihīno'ha nāstyānanda ātmavigraha 4

4. I am the Self that illumines the joy of insentience. I am the essence of the Bliss of the Self. I am devoid of the "Bliss of the Self"; there is no embodiment of the Bliss of the Self.

kāryānanda vihīno'ha kāryānanda kalātmaka

guṇānanda vihīno'ha guhyānanda svarūpavān 5

5. I am devoid of the joy of action. I have the portion of bliss that comes from action. I am devoid of the bliss of the guna-s. I am of the nature of the secret joy.

guptānanda svarūpo'ha ktyānandamahānaham

jñeyānanda vihīno'ha gopyānanda vivarjita 6

6. I am of the nature of the hidden joy. I am the great one of the Bliss of all-doing. I am devoid of the bliss of knowing. I am without any joy to be hidden.

sadānanda svarūpo'ha mudānanda nijātmaka

lokānando mahānando lokātītamahānayam 7

7. I am ever of the nature of eternal joy. I am the natural joy of exhilaration. I am the bliss of the world. I am the great Bliss. I am the great One transcending the world.

bhedānandaścidānanda sukhānando aham advaya

kriyānand‘kayānando vttyānanda vivarjita 8

8. I am the bliss of difference. I am the Bliss of Consciousness. I am the Bliss of happiness. I am nondual. I am the bliss of action. I am decay less Bliss. I am without the bliss of diverse modes.

sarvānando'kayānandaścidānando aham avyaya

satyānanda parānanda sadyonanda parātpara 9

9. I am all Bliss. I am undecaying Bliss. I am the Bliss of Consciousness. I am immutable. I am the true Bliss. I am the highest Bliss. I am the Bliss of the present. I am higher than the highest.

vākyānanda mahānanda śivānandōham advaya

śivānandottarānanda ādyānanda vivarjita 10

10. I am the bliss of speech. I am the great Bliss. I am the Bliss of peace. I am nondual. I. am the Bliss of peace. I am devoid of the bliss of the future and of the bliss of the beginning.

amalātmā parānandaścidānandōham advaya

vttyānanda parānando vidyātīto hi nirmala 11

11. I am the pure Self, the highest Bliss. I am the Bliss of Consciousness. I am non-dual. I am the bliss of modes. I am the highest Bliss, transcending knowledge and blemish less.

kāraṇātīta ānandaścidānandōham advaya

sarvānanda parānando brahmānandātma bhāvana 12

12. I am the Bliss transcending all causes, the Bliss of Consciousness. I am nondual. I am all Bliss, the highest Bliss, of the conviction that I am the Bliss of Brahman.

jīvānando layānandaścidānanda svarūpavān ।

śuddhānanda svarūpātmā buddhyānando manomaya 13

13. I am the bliss of life and the bliss of dissolution. I am of the nature of the Bliss of Consciousness. I am of the nature of pure Bliss. I am the bliss of the intellect, filling the mind.

śabdānando mahānandaścidānandōham advaya

ānandānandaś ūnyātmā bhedānanda viśūnyaka 14

14. I am the bliss of sound. I am the great Bliss. I am the Bliss of Consciousness, the nondual. I am the Self of bliss and absence of bliss. I am devoid of the bliss of differences.

dvaitānanda prabhāvātmā cidānandōham advaya

evamādimahānanda ahameveti bhāvaya ॥ 15॥

15. I am the Self revelling in the bliss of duality. I am the Bliss of Consciousness and nondual. Be of the conviction that I am, indeed, all such great Bliss,

śāntānandōham eveti cidānanda prabhāsvara

ekānanda parānanda eka eva cid avyaya ॥ 16॥

16. that I am, indeed, the Bliss of peace, the illuminator of the Bliss of Consciousness, the one Bliss, the highest Bliss, the one and only immutable Consciousness.

 

eka eva mahānātmā ekasakhyā vivarjita

eka tattva mahānandastattva bheda vivarjita ॥ 17॥

17. I am the one and only great Self, which cannot be enumerated. I am the great Bliss of the one Truth, devoid of differences of interpretation.

vijitānandahīno'ha nirjitānanda hīnaka

hīnānanda praśānto'ha śāntōham iti śāntaka ॥ 18॥

18. I am devoid of any conquest of bliss. I am without any conquest by bliss. I am rendered absolutely peaceful by bliss-lessness. I am peaceful for I am Peace itself.

mamatānanda śānto'ham ahamādi prakāśakam ।

sarvadā dehaśānto'ha śāntōham iti varjita ॥ 19॥

19. ·I am peaceful in the bliss of "my-ness." I am the original illuminator. I am ever at peace with my body. I am devoid of the position "I am peaceful." ·

brahmaivāha na sasārī ityevam iti śāntaka

antarād antarōha vai antarād antarāntara ॥ 20॥

20. I am Brahman, not of this world-thus, also, I am peaceful. I am the innermost of the innermost. Indeed, I am the innermost of the innermost of the innermost.

eka eva mahānanda eka evāham akara

eka evākara brahma eka evākaro'kara ॥ 21॥

21. I am the one and only great Bliss. I am the one and only imperishable One. Brahman is just one syllable: OM. The decayless is just one syllable: OM.

eka eva mahānātmā eka eva manohara

eka evādvayo'ha vai eka eva na cāpara ॥ 22॥

22. There is only one great Self. There is only the One which fascinates the mind. I am the only One without a second. I am the only One and none other.

eka eva na bhūrādi eka eva na buddhaya

eka eva praśānto'ha eka eva sukhātmaka ॥ 23॥

eka eva na kāmātmā eka eva na kopakam ।

eka eva na lobhātmā eka eva na mohaka ॥ 24॥

23. I am the only One. I am not the world and others. I am the only One and not the intellects. I am the only One and highly peaceful. I am the only One and the blissful Self.

24. I am the only One, not one with desire. I am the only One, not the angry. I am the only One, not one with greed. I am the only One, not one infatuated.

eka eva mado nāha eka eva na me rasa

eka eva na cittātmā eka eva na cānyaka ॥ 25॥

25. I am the only One. I am not deluded. I am the only One. There is no other essence for me. I am the only One, not the thinking self. I am the only One and not another.

eka eva na sattātmā eka eva jarāmara

eka eva hi pūrṇātmā eka eva hi niścala ॥ 26॥

eka eva mahānanda eka evāham ekavān ।

deho'hamiti hīno'ha śānto'hamiti śāśvata ॥ 27॥

26. I am the only One, not the substance of goodness. I am the only One, not old or immortal. I am the only One, the perfectly full Self. I am the only One, the motionless.

27. I am the only great Bliss. I am the only One; I have the only One. I am devoid of the concept that I am the body. I am permanently [of the Realization] that I am at peace.

śivo'ham iti śānto'ha ātmaivāham iti krama

jīvo'hamiti śānto'ha nityaśuddha hdantara ॥ 28॥

28. I am at peace, for I am Siva. It is natural that I am the Self. I am at peace, for I am the Self, ever pure, in the core of my heart.

eva bhāvaya niḥśaka sadyo muktastvam advaye ।

evamādi suśabda vā nitya pahatu niścala ॥ 29॥

29. Be of such conviction without a doubt, and immediately you are liberated in Nonduality. Let one, unwavering, at least read such words aloud.

kālasvabhāvo niyataiśca bhūtaijagadvijāyeta iti śrutīritam ।

tadvai mṛṣā syājjagato jaatvataicchābhava caitadathesvarasya ॥ 30॥

It has been said in the scriptures that the world of beings moves by the flow of time and by prescribed rules. This is a mistaken notion, because of the insentience of the world. All this is, on the other hand, by the will of Isvara.

________________________________________

॥ iti śrīśivarahasye śakarākhye aṣṭhāṃśe bhunidāghasavāde ānandarūpatvanirūpaaprakaraa nāma saptaviṃśo'dhyāya

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MS Amma 2022 - Song List

Thursday Slokas (Focus on Sri Dakshinamurti and Sri Bhagavathpaada)

Sri Lalitha SahasranAmam (in english script)